Welcome to a series of articles on partner health freedom groups in California, and across the United States. The National Health Federation (NHF) is “the World’s first health-freedom organization.” NHF has worked to normalize chiropractic care via licensing, normalize acupuncture, and to bring over-vaccination, and vaccine injury issues to the forefront of the collective consciousness. It is only natural at this juncture that the NHF collaborate with Free Now Foundation, united by a common mission to bring health freedom for all!
by Terri Harrah, Free Now Foundation
Meet the National Health Federation (NHF)
The NHF is “the oldest and the ONLY health freedom organization able to speak, submit scientific research, and actively shape global policy at international meetings of Codex Alimentarius, which means “food code” in Latin. Established in 1955, the National Health Federation (NHF) has been on the forefront of bringing consumer concerns directly to Codex Alimentarius, Latin for “food code” since the mid-1980’s, and “protects the health and health freedom of 8 billion people on the planet.”
NHF is self-described as, “working to protect individuals’ rights to choose to consume healthy food, take supplements and use alternative therapies without government restrictions, and one of only five consumer groups present at Codex meetings in a room of country and industry delegates whose motivations are often at odds with the best interest of the people of the world.”
NHF recognized the threat to personal health freedom many years ago. In order to enact more effective change, NHF “obtained official Codex-recognized status as an INGO (International Non-Governmental Organization), which allows the NHF the right to speak out in support of health-freedom at these Codex meetings, and against the U.S. FDA and Codex agenda. No other health-freedom organization has such status, making the NHF unique in the respect that it is the lone non-governmental voice at Codex for health freedom.” (NHF)
Attorney Scott Tips joined NHF as General Counsel in 1989 and became president in 2007.
What is Codex Alimentarius?
The Codex Alimentarius, or “Food Code”, is a member of the United Nations Food and Agricultural Organization. It meets to create “a collection of international standards, guidelines and codes of practice to protect the health of consumers and ensure fair practices in the food trade.”
NHF Declaration of Health-Freedom Rights
- The right to control our own bodies – to decide what food, drink, and medicines to take and use, and what food, drink, and medicines not to take.
- The right to supplement our diets with vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, and enzymes without government restrictions.
- The right to receive alternative medicine and treatments (such as those provided by chiropractors, acupuncturists, naturopathic doctors, massage therapists, and clinical nutritionists) without government restrictions.
- The right of alternative medical practitioners to determine and use those treatments best suited for their patients without government restrictions.
- The right of manufacturers and distributors of dietary supplements to provide truthful research and label information about the benefits of supplements and other health aids.
- The right to discuss and disseminate truthful natural-health information. The FDA, the FTC, and other government agencies should not be allowed to prevent health organizations such as the National Health Federation from disseminating this vital information.
- Freedom from international Codex Alimentarius Commission standards that would greatly restrict all of the above rights on behalf of a small elite that has gained control of governmental health agencies. We view this and other governmental actions as the greatest threats to our health freedom today.
- The freedom to eat clean, fresh food without pesticides, hormones, antibiotics, poisons, or irradiation.
- The right to breathe clean air and to drink water free of harmful chemicals such as fluoride.
- The right to protect ourselves and our children from unnecessary and often dangerous, childhood vaccines.
- The right of our military men and women to refuse to submit to mandatory vaccines such as anthrax.
- The right to keep our medical records private and confidential.
NHF: A Brief Visual History
Over the years, NHF has helped preserve health freedom on multiple levels. The NHF was deeply involved in setting global food standards via CODEX, protecting the supplemental industry, as well as advocation for the current attack on holistic medicines.
In the previous graph, you can see the impact of the cultural influence of these powerful allies.
What is “the WORLD’S first health-freedom organization” doing now?
Snapshot of some of the NHF’s work at Codex this decade
- 2023: NHF is lobbying to save homeopathy and natural compounding. TAKE ACTION HERE!
- 2022: NHF defeated Big Pharma effort to ban nutritional supplements.
- 2022: Built the largest coalition ever on vaccine choice. Millions of Americans belong to organizations that have endorsed H.R. 5816, the National Informed Consent Exemption (NICE) Act – which would create a national right to ignore vaccine mandates, AND require government publishing of studies on the unvaccinated. Support the ongoing effort to pass the NICE Act here!
- 2021 – 2022: Emerged as one of the most highly visible “umbrella” organizations for health freedom issues, connecting lawyers and teams representing lawsuits against the FDA/HHS, the Biden administration, Pfizer, hospitals suppressing early treatment, and more.
- February 2014 in Bergen, Norway: NHF argued against the continued inclusion of aluminum in fish batter at the Codex Committee on Fish and Fishery Products. Aluminum was removed.
- March 2014 in the United States: NHF was the first to notice and point out that the FDA, with its new proposed food-labeling guidelines, was actually attempting to harmonize vitamin-and-mineral Daily Allowances down to ridiculously low Codex levels.
- March 2014 in Hong Kong, China: NHF continued its work in removing aluminum from food additives at the Codex Committee on Food Additives, and argued that aspartame is a dangerous and harmful artificial sweetener.
- March-April 2014 in The Hague, Netherlands: NHF argued for lower permissible arsenic and lead levels in foods at the Codex Committee on Contaminants in Foods meeting. The debate continues with NHF persistently pushing its views for safer foods.
- April 2014 in Paris, France: NHF participates at the Codex Committee on General Principles meeting where changes in the Codex Procedural Manual are being proposed.
- April 2014 in Atlanta, Georgia: NHF actively participates at a doctor/healthcare-practitioner conference given by Dr. Dan Pompa and where Scott Tips spoke on Codex and health freedom to a large audience.
- May 2014 in Daventry, England: NHF-UK appears in force at the Alternative View 5 conference, where Scott Tips again speaks on Codex and health freedom.
- May-June 2014 in Texas: NHF joins coalition efforts to help with intended passage of a constitutional amendment in Texas guaranteeing Texans their health freedoms.
- July 2014 in Geneva, Switzerland: NHF actively participates in the Codex Alimentarius Commission meeting, where it argues strenuously for decreasing the amount of lead permitted in infant formulas, the levels of arsenic in rice, and against any continued use of aluminum as a food additive.
- September 2014 in The Hague, Netherlands: NHF attends the Codex European regional meeting (styled CCEURO) where NHF is publicly acknowledged by the chairman for its passionate representation of consumer interests.
- October 2014 in Rome, Italy: NHF aggressively argued at the Codex Committee on Food Labeling against the continued erosion of organic standards.
- November 2014 in Birmingham, UK:NHF participates at a nationwide conference where Scott Tips speaks on health freedom to a packed crowd.
- November 2014 in Bali, Indonesia: NHF will actively participate at a pivotal Codex Nutrition Committee meeting on vitamin-and-mineral daily values where NHF will continue its work of stopping our nutrition from being dumbed down.
- March 2013 in Beijing, China: NHF fought at Codex against food additives achieving a 50% reduction in many varieties of aluminum and total elimination of many other varieties; aspartame will be addressed in spring of 2014 in Hong Kong.
- April 2013 in Moscow, Russia: NHF spoke at Codex against arsenic contamination and Ochratoxin A in foods. While in Moscow, NHF President Scott Tips delivered the speech representing the consumer at Codex’s 50th anniversary celebration. Since the National Health Federation is the granddaddy of all health freedom organizations and nearly 60 years old, it was only fitting to be hand-selected for this honor as we’ve protected consumer rights for food safety and supplement and alternative practitioner use longer than any other health freedom organization.
- June 2013 in Chicago, Illinois: NHF attended the Health Freedom Congress in Chicago, sharing our vision with the health freedom organizations in attendance and then joined the Health Freedom Expo hosting a booth and enabling others to express their gifts and talents in health freedom for the World by joining and working alongside NHF.
- July 2013 in Rome, Italy: NHF was in Rome, where the long battle to keep Ractopamine, the dangerous vet steroid, out of meat was lost after four tough years of fighting against it at Codex. Few even know they consume this dangerous vet steroid as it’s labeled, “Natural” or it isn’t labeled at all. Zilpaterol, Ractopamine’s evil partner, will hopefully be defeated and outlawed Globally in 2015 with your help when this Codex meeting occurs again. NHF is working to educate on this.
- August 2013 in Minneapolis, Minnesota: NHF was in Minneapolis, host City for the 21st session of the Codex Committee on Residues of Veterinary Drugs in Foods from August 26-30. NHF successfully helped to get 9 out of 10 dangerous antibiotics out of the Global meat and honey supply and instituted permanent changes to the Codex Procedural Manual to allow future changes to be effected easily, without the lag of red-tape.
- September 2013: NHF hosts a booth at the International Conference on Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine educating health care practitioners about how Codex impacts their practice and their ability to use supplements with effective nutrient levels in them.
- November 2013 in Bad Soden, Germany: NHF attends Codex fighting to preserve current levels of nutrients in supplements and infant formula from dropping further or disappearing altogether.
Join and Collaborate with NHF!
NHF is currently hosting a MONTHLY BRAINSTORM with amazing speakers followed by a public Q&A.
Aria Morgan is the Managing Editor of Free Now Foundation. Aria is a passionate and accomplished editor with a diverse background in writing for various industries, including music, film, health and yoga, and with published covers and feature credits in national magazines. Aria is dedicated to protecting civil rights and promoting health and medical freedom, and is thrilled to be a part of the Free Now Foundation team.