You may not care about politics….
BUT POLITICS CARES ABOUT YOUR KIDS.
As Gavin tries to pivot us from legally emancipating California children under the guise of “equity” [FFWD to 8:00] to his newest flash-in-the-pan “Climate Change” crisis — abruptly abandoning his “less than 1% of the United States population” political pawns, many whom are children who “just want to liiiivvveee” and we should be ashamed of ourselves for even mentioning — he still has ELEVEN DAYS, or until October 14, to veto or “approve without a signature”the worst bill of all: Assembly Bill 665 (AB 665).
Why AB 665?
Because AB665 legally emancipates 12-year-olds. Period. Full stop.
But Nicole, it doesn’t really emancipate minors….
You’re right. AB 665 does not say:
“All children 12 years and older in the state of California are hereby decreed emancipated.”
However, AB 665 does say that “mature 12-year-olds” [as if those even exist] can leave home and check into a government shelter for any reason without notice to their parents or guardians to receive mental health and residential services provided by the State. So I ask you this:
- If your child can leave home at any time for any reason without telling you and move into State custody, do you have any rights as a parent/guardian?
- If your child can leave home at any time for any reason and move into a State shelter staffed by strangers who have been trained and incentivized to profile vulnerable children, keep secrets from parents/guardians, and take advantage of, if not outright encourage, familial alienation, what do you think will happen?
- If AB 665 is signed into law, your child will be on the fast-track to being declared a runaway, or becoming an unwitting CPS victim, ward of the state, emancipated minor, or can even disappear completely, thanks to Assemblyman Christopher Ward’s AB 223. In other words: it is only a matter of time before what little rights you still have will be fully and finally terminated.
OK, so how does AB 665 do that?
AB665 removes current, legal requirements that a child be the victim of abuse, incest, or a danger before s/he can leave home and self-consent into a government “residential shelter” without any notice to their parents. If AB665 passes, these 50-year-old “risk guardrails” will be struck from the Family Code so a child can run away from home for any reason — a fight over TikTok fight, bad grades, drinking, drugs, boyfriends, you name it — and they will not need to allege, let alone prove, that they are in danger and should be removed from their home any your family placed under CPS and law enforcement scrutiny. While we traditionally want neither involved in our private, familial matters, we would move to suggest that some agency taking official account of runaway children is better than them being lost in an already overburdened shelter where they can be lost.
Wiener and Carrillo — neither of whom have children — claim that the bill amends Family Code, section 6924, to expand Medi-Cal benefits so that children who are Medi-Cal recipients can receive mental health services without their parents’ / guardians’ consent for free. However, the proposed amendments (1) do not do that and (2) there are three other direct, simpler, legal ways to do that without endangering the lives of millions of children:
Actual solutions to the “Medi-Cal issue”:
“Section 124260 of the Health and Safety Code shall not apply to the receipt of benefits under the Medi-Cal program.
Therefore, the easiest, legal solutions to this bizarre Medi-Cal exclusion are:
- Repeal section Welfare & Institutions Code, section 14029.8 in its entirety.
- Amend Welfare & Institutions Code, section 14029.8 to strike one word (“not”) so that it reads:
“Section 124260 of the Health and Safety Code shall
notapply to the receipt of benefits under the Medi-Cal program.”
- Have the medical provider, who has the legal authority and discretion to do so, authorize the services under Family Code, section 6924, instead of Health & Safety Code, section 124260, avoiding Media-Cal restrictions completely.
How to get Gavin’s Veto? Pull an “AB957”:
Massive, nationwide, full-court media press against AB665 and Presidential hopeful, Gavin Newsom. These touches need to be coming from everyone because (1) so goes California… and (2) Gavin is running for POTUS. He needs to know that everyone is watching him. Here’s how:
- Call Gavin at (916) 445–2841 ask him to Veto the Bad Bills.
- Submit an Online Comment asking him to Veto.
- Complete PERK’s One-Click Action Campaigns for each of the remaining Bad Bills (AB665, AB1078, SB596, SB659), which send Gavin emails and Tweets asking that he Veto them.
- Tweet @GavinNewsom.
- Instagram @GavinNewsom.
- TikTok @GavinNewsom.
WHAT TO SAY:
“Gavin, VETO AB665. Why do you want to emancipate children???”
Or, if you want to get specific…..“Gav, VETO AB665 because allowing your 12 year old to leave home and check into a residential shelter at any time for any reason without notice to parents / guardians and no allegations of abuse or danger…
- DEPRIVES me of my constitutionally-protected fundamental right to Due Process of Law (notice that your rights are in jeopardy and opportunity to be heard and to present your case before they are gone). WHAT HAPPENED TO “INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY”?!
- HOW ARE PARENTS GOING TO GET THEIR RIGHTS BACK? What about the minority and immigrant communities – whom you claim to be protecting (Medi-Cal) – going to pay to get their children back or be involved in their care??
- EVISCERATES my fundamental, constitutionally-protected rights to direct the nature, care and upbringing of my child, which have been upheld for over 100 years and were just reaffirmed by U.S. District Court Judge Roger Benitez.
- Is DANGEROUS for ALL children. Government “shelters” are overrun and overburdened already. AB665 will flood them with children experiencing normal growing pains with their parents / guardians, and without allegations or proof of abuse or danger, thereby not triggering normal procedures for documenting and monitoring the kid.
- AB665 does not resolve the issue it intends to address. The EASIEST and legal way to open up Medi-Cal benefits for mental health services to minors is to:
- repeal Welfare & Institutions Code section 14029.8 entirely, OR
- amend section 14029.8 to strike one word – “not” – from it so that it would read: “Section 124260 of the Health and Safety Code shall
notapply to the receipt of benefits under the Medi-Cal program.”
- authorize treatment under Family Code, section 69024.
- Why not take the most direct, legal, impactful route, without jeopardizing the lives of millions of children, and the fundamental rights of even more parents, Gavin???
While you’re at it, let’s kill them all:
Demand that Gavin mention two other #BadBills:
- SB596 (Portantino) — criminalizes (fines, jail time) parents who speak up at school board meetings and demand answers from elected officials.
- AB659 (Aguiar-Curry) — authorizes the government to provide false-advertising for pharmaceutical companies, starting with Merck / HPV vaccine.
See FLTJ Bad Bills Veto Toolkits for more information and resources then….
Rise Up to Protect the Children.
By FACTS LAW TRUTH JUSTICE · Launched a year ago
Aria Morgan is the Managing Editor of Free Now Foundation. Aria is a passionate and accomplished editor with a diverse background in writing for various industries, including music, film, health and yoga, and with published covers and feature credits in national magazines. Aria is dedicated to protecting civil rights and promoting health and medical freedom, and is thrilled to be a part of the Free Now Foundation team.